How do I send a log file to Holdem Manager Support?
Sometimes a log file (and config/prefs files) is needed to help the support team determine the cause of an issue with Holdem Manager.
* If our tech support team requested any 'Feature Logging' options be enabled in your log files please see this FAQ.
To locate the file in Windows 7/vista do the following:
- Start > All Programs > Holdem Manager 2 > Utilities > Copy Log Files to Desktop
If you use Windows 8 or 10, you will need to do the following to locate the Copy Log files to desktop file:
1 - Go to the charms bar and click on the search icon
2 - Click Apps and in the search box type copylogfiles ( all one word )
3 - Once you locate the file double click it, Then continue with the rest of the steps below.
- This will create a folder on your Desktop named 'HM2Logs' and open a CMD prompt window
- If you choose 'y' it will open the new folder that was created with Windows Explorer
- Open that folder to see the files that were copied to your desktop
- If we requested any screen shots please copy them and paste them into this folder
- Drag a window around all the files (or click Ctrl+A) to select all the files
- Right-Click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- This will create a .zip file containing all of the files we need to help you.
- Please attach the zip file to a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link here. Please include as much detail as possible in the email about what problems you are experiencing.
- When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/ - and if there is a forum thread with additional information please link to this thread and let us know your forum name if there are several people in the thread.
If you are having trouble with the above:
The copy files utility is found in c:\programfiles\holdemmanager2\utilities [for 64-bit OS, it is programfiles(x86)]. If you have a non-default location, it will be in that location.
Should you have trouble copying the files to the desktop, they can be moved manually. The location is in:
Windows Vista/7/8/10: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files: