* Also make sure that you have updated Holdem Manager to the most recent Beta.
1) If you have UAC turned on you must set stars to run as admin otherwise the zoom hud will not work. If you have UAC off you dont need to configure anything, everything should work fine out of the box. If there is an issue, see these steps.
- To do this please close HM2 and Poker Stars.
- Go to C:\Program Files\PokerStars (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
- Right click the PokerStars.exe and choose “Properties”.
- Go to the Compatibility Tab and select “Run this program as an Administrator”. If this option is greyed out it is because the UAC is disabled and you are already running as admin so there is no need to change anything.
- Please repeat steps 1-3 for PokerStarsUpdate.exe, holdemmanager.exe and HudFuncsApp.exe in C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version) although holdemmanager.exe should already be set to run as admin by default.
- See these steps for Windows 8 and 10
- See these steps for Windows Vista/7
- See this FAQ for other permissions settings
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\holdemmanager.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\hudfuncsapp.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\EasyHook.dll, EasyHook32.dll, EasyHook32Svc.exe, EasyHook64.dll, and EasyHook64Svc.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\fastfold.dll (new file in 18.104.22.16815)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\stars.dll, StarsCommunicator.hm2 files (for the .dll and .hm2 files, you have to type in the name in the file name box for a lot of firewalls)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\thirtytwobitIPC.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\textboxhook.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokerstars\Pokerstars.exe and PokerstarsUpdate.exe (If update does not have the tab, uninstall Stars and reinstall, running the setup file as administrator).
- Open Holdem Manager 2
- Open Poker Stars
- Begin Importing hands
- Begin playing hands
4) Turn on Desktop Composition and make sure that your Windows Theme is an Aero theme.
5) Make sure that your DPI settings are correct
6) Open the HM2 > HUD Settings > HUD Designer menu > Click 'Reset' > [x] Panel Positions > OK
7) Make sure these two options are enabled: HUD Settings > HUD Filters > Filter by Limits > [x] Includes hands from other limits, and [x] Mix Fast and non-Fast hands together.
*Make sure the poker client and hand histories are both in English. If it is not, you need to change it in the Lobby Options or reinstall the software and choose English.
If your HUD is lagging behind or not showing
Seeing correct players but wrong stats
The Hero count is sometimes a few hands behind
You will see this especially if you use fast fold a lot. The reason is we dont import the hand until the hand is finished and when you fold the hand is still playing away so it could be 1-2 mins before the hand is imported and shows up in your Hero HUD. This is normal and to be expected and there is no possible way to avoid this.
- These 2 options are enabled: HUD Settings > HUD Filters > Filter by limits > [x] Includes hands from other limits, and [x] Mix Fast Poker and standard hands together.
- Preferred seat is set in Site Setup > Seating Preferences
- Stars HandHistory folder is in Site Setup > Auto Import Folders and that autoimport is running
- You have turned off all badges. This is in Settings - VIP.
Uninstall any extra Poker Stars installations (.com, .eu, .fr, etc) that you no longer play
- Uninstall in Control Panel - Programs
- Delete the corresponding folder in c:\users\[username]\appdata\local\
* If you continue to have problems:
If you get a log entry stating "arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow", follow steps to take to solve Postgres permissions issues. This will fix other Windows issues, such as not being able to access any folders in Windows 8.
- Run cmd.exe as admin
- Run following command: secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
- Create new Windows user
- Set SQL service to run as admin (Open Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools > Postgres:
- Restart PC
- Login as new user
- Check as admin checkboxes for HM & PS (That command usually resets it):
Please see this to transfer files to a different windows user
Now test Zoom with the new user. If the above steps fail to solve the arithmetic error, this is an issue with Windows or hardware.
Please see this FAQ to fix Windows problems - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/3253/How+to+repair+Windows+files